Happy Labor Day! Hope you all are celebrating with family and friends! This weekend is our reality check that summer is over (time to put those white pants and shorts away til next year). And of course, it’s time to get into the swing of things for fall and for some unsolicited suggestions from a sorority alumna…who has learned the hard way!
1. Start thinking about Homecoming shirts WAY before the week of Homecoming… ie. Start NOW!
2. Start planning for your future little(s) in advance! Buy a little bit at a time! Spreading the creativity and expense over 10 months isn’t nearly as stressful as doing it all in one week!
3. If your recruitment is this spring… start planning bid day shirts and gifts in September, October and November of this year! When things get crazy, you’ll have it done and can focus on more immediate concerns.
4. Philanthropies are more than just raising money… they are about raising awareness! Talk about your cause often, and why it is important to you! Share with friends, wear your event tees, live the ideals.
5. Start thinking about formal favors now… you get the best variety and pricing when you order early!
6. If you need help with any of this, never hesitate to call someone who has done it before. (advisers, sisters and of course, us!)
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Trends and traditions
Trends and Traditions
We get really excited around here when it comes to trends. You probably know this if you follow us on Facebook or Twitter http://www.uniqueonline.com https://twitter.com/UniqueDelaware . But this year, as we celebrate our 25th Anniversary at Unique Impressions, and we think about all the great trends that have come and gone…and come back again…we can’t help but think about all the Greek traditions that have endured the test of time. Everything from rituals and mottos, colors and crests, badges and gems, flowers and symbols, have remained pretty much the same since their inception. It’s really amazing to think that the very things we essentially take for granted as members–recruitment etiquette, initiation rites, scholastic ideals–have been around since the formation of the United States. What?!
When this dawned on us, we dug a little deeper to try to wrap our minds around all the major changes that our country has been through as our Greek system developed. Did you know that the first Greek letter organization was founded in 1776, the year the U.S. declared independence? Greek letter “societies” started to multiply while we had only 13 states….and the vast majority of Fraternities in existence today were founded at a time when our country was only half the size it is today. (There was not even a State of Florida, Michigan, Texas or California!) They survived the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy…and our “great-great-great-great-great-great……. grand-bigs” watched as we landed a man on the moon for the first time. And so much more.
So how is it that the members of organizations steeped in centuries old traditions, are always on the cutting edge of trends? Because from the inception of fraternal societies, the founders and members have been campus leaders. They’ve been individuals willing to distinguish themselves from the crowd, and to join something whose sum is greater than its parts. Individuals who are eager to celebrate their own uniqueness while giving back to others. To walk a path a bit less traveled. And to have fun doing it! And that, we’re certain, will never go out of style.
Cool Giveaways for Chilly Times
This article may seem inappropriate considering it’s 65°F today. But let’s face it – it’s nearly December. The snow, ice, and cold winds will arrive soon. Now is the time to consider promotional giveaways for your prospects, customers, and employees that will help them through winter conditions.
Here are our top picks:
(1) Lip balms and hand moisturizers. Help soothe dry skin with these economical and practical gifts. Most lip balms include full color in the pricing, allowing you to use enhanced graphics at minimal cost.
(2) Hot tea, hot chocolate, and coffee packets. Consider pairing them with a customized mug or thermos.
(3) Anything chocolate. If you’ve ever wanted to hand out chocolate in customized wrappers, you should do it in cold weather, when the chocolate won’t melt. For something different, try chocolate-dipped fortune cookies with customized fortunes.
(4) Ice scrapers. You can get mini, credit-card-sized scrapers up to jumbo scrapers with a built-in brush. We also like the ice scrapers that have a mitten attached.
(5) Knitted caps and scarves. These items can be embellished with customized embroidery. Caps and scarves are best suited for employees, who are most likely to wear your brand.
We are happy to brainstorm with you to find the perfect items for your budget!
A Web Site is born!
A Web Site is born! We’re proud parents, she’s beautiful! And she’s even sleeping through the night! Although our web guy, sadly, is not. Yet. He and his team are still working around the clock, putting the final touches on this new beauty. So bear with us while we iron out a few glitches, add some more functionality, and continually add products and services to the basic offerings that are currently available.
As you work through order placement, feel free to offer suggestions for improvement, or ask any questions you may have. If there’s a product you’d like to order online but it’s not yet offered on the new site, by all means let us know. (and call us to order in the meantime…don’t do without, that would be silly) We love our customers, so we want this to be as easy and fun to use as possible! And by all means, share the good news that a star (um, web site) is born!
Not All Pens Are Created Equal
It’s no surprise that pens are the most popular promotional product on the market. How do you get your company’s pens to stand out from the crowd?
- Remember: A cheap pen (unless it’s a quality pen on sale) often performs like a cheap pen. It will get pushed to the back of the drawer, or worse, thrown in the trash. You’ll get the most value from a moderately priced pen that writes evenly and lasts a long time.
- Choose pens that feel comfortable in the hand. Ask for a sample before purchasing.
- Try unique designs, bright colors, and fun features. Recently, we handed out feather-haired bobble-head pens, which certainly stand out from other pens on our customers’ desks.
- Select pens with a large imprint space to best promote your logo and message. With some pens, you can put additional text on the clip.
- For extra imprint space, consider retractable ballpoint message pens. Messages rotate with each click.
- Check out ultra-practical pens, such as those that also feature a highlighter and sticky flags.
We look forward to helping you with your next pen purchase!