As soon as we experience our first frost in the northeast, we realize we finally need to let go of summer. This is the week. It’s a hard realization, but thank goodness for the fun things of fall! Flip flops turn to boots, tank tops turn to long sleeved tees (in our case, Comfort Colors pocket tees!) and iced coffees turn to pumpkin lattes. So, we let go reluctantly, but let’s face it, we love fall, don’t we?
Here in our store, we embrace all the really great things about fall fashion. Gold monogrammed necklaces and bracelets are hot this season. In fact, all things monogram are selling like crazy! Puffy vests, cozy quarter zips, and really pretty plaid scarves, to name a few. We do plenty of individual items for gifts (and self-gifting, let’s face it). We also do some great chapter PR orders for sororities this time of year. Screen printed quarter zips, rugby shirts, polar fleece jackets….just about anything you can put a Greek monogram or letters on is fair game. If you haven’t placed your orders yet, we’re glad to help. A quick email is enough to get the ball rolling: firstname.lastname@example.org Happy to help!
So, as you attend all the events of fall… tailgates, hay rides, philanthropy events, sisterhood retreats… embrace the great styles of the season. And give in to that apple cider donut craving, at least once!
How did we move all of this stuff?
If you’re not on our e-blast list, and didn’t see the posts on social media, let me first share the news. WE’VE MOVED! We’re in the same town, in fact only a 4 minute walk from our original location. But now that we’re on MAIN STREET, it’s a whole different world! We’re right in the thick of things. Never a dull moment.
So how DID we move it all? We get asked that question a lot. So here it is, in a nutshell:
We hired the big guns for the heavy stuff: A construction crane. The professionals at Bruce Industrial have never let us down. They moved over 10,000 lbs of our equipment using a crane and riggers in just one (very long) day. These guys know what they’re doing. They spent a whole day lifting equipment from the second story of our old place, putting it on a flat bed truck, and unloading it very carefully using pulleys, pallet jacks and raw muscle right into our new facility. It was an amazing thing to watch. Add to that professionals from the equipment company who disassembled and re-assembled the big machines, the crew that unhooked and reconnected all the compressor equipment, and the electricians who put in over 100 hours of work to get us up and running, plumbers, carpenters, City inspectors, volunteers and the owners husband…..it was a big deal for little old us. And shazam, we were printing orders in just a few days.
For the “medium” equipment, display cabinets and offices, Hopkins and Sons moving company did a bang up job. Two moving vans and one day later, things started taking shape in our new digs.
For the rest of it….well, we learned the hard way that it takes a lot longer to move a thousand cartons, dozens of 80 lb slat boards and file boxes galore than you think it will. Our staff dug in, worked crazy sweaty 15 hour days, painted and shchlepped, fluffed and primpted, and within a week or so, we were open for business! OUR STAFF IS AMAZING. No other word for it. Hands down, the best EVER.
Turns out, when you move from a 6800 square foot facility to a 5200 square foot facility, there’s a lot to cull through, donate, repurpose and squish. But we managed. We no longer have an upstairs, but we DO have all of our screen printing equipment, embroidery machines, and graphics departments right here on one floor in our new location.
Now…we’re still fluffing, primping and unpacking a few things, but we’re getting settled and it feels like home.
So…. Come on by for a visit. Ask for a tour of our production facility. It just takes a minute, but it’s pretty cool, so we’re told. You can see where we create Greek shirts, screened tees, embroidered logos and lots more. You can find is across the street from the National 5 & 10, not far from Grotto’s, right near California Tortilla. Address: 61 East Main St. Park behind in the Galleria lot. And definitely email if you have any questions. Always glad to help! email@example.com
Happy Labor Day! Hope you all are celebrating with family and friends! This weekend is our reality check that summer is over (time to put those white pants and shorts away til next year). And of course, it’s time to get into the swing of things for fall and for some unsolicited suggestions from a sorority alumna…who has learned the hard way!
1. Start thinking about Homecoming shirts WAY before the week of Homecoming… ie. Start NOW!
2. Start planning for your future little(s) in advance! Buy a little bit at a time! Spreading the creativity and expense over 10 months isn’t nearly as stressful as doing it all in one week!
3. If your recruitment is this spring… start planning bid day shirts and gifts in September, October and November of this year! When things get crazy, you’ll have it done and can focus on more immediate concerns.
4. Philanthropies are more than just raising money… they are about raising awareness! Talk about your cause often, and why it is important to you! Share with friends, wear your event tees, live the ideals.
5. Start thinking about formal favors now… you get the best variety and pricing when you order early!
6. If you need help with any of this, never hesitate to call someone who has done it before. (advisers, sisters and of course, us!)
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Trends and traditions
Trends and Traditions
We get really excited around here when it comes to trends. You probably know this if you follow us on Facebook or Twitter http://www.uniqueonline.com https://twitter.com/UniqueDelaware . But this year, as we celebrate our 25th Anniversary at Unique Impressions, and we think about all the great trends that have come and gone…and come back again…we can’t help but think about all the Greek traditions that have endured the test of time. Everything from rituals and mottos, colors and crests, badges and gems, flowers and symbols, have remained pretty much the same since their inception. It’s really amazing to think that the very things we essentially take for granted as members–recruitment etiquette, initiation rites, scholastic ideals–have been around since the formation of the United States. What?!
When this dawned on us, we dug a little deeper to try to wrap our minds around all the major changes that our country has been through as our Greek system developed. Did you know that the first Greek letter organization was founded in 1776, the year the U.S. declared independence? Greek letter “societies” started to multiply while we had only 13 states….and the vast majority of Fraternities in existence today were founded at a time when our country was only half the size it is today. (There was not even a State of Florida, Michigan, Texas or California!) They survived the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy…and our “great-great-great-great-great-great……. grand-bigs” watched as we landed a man on the moon for the first time. And so much more.
So how is it that the members of organizations steeped in centuries old traditions, are always on the cutting edge of trends? Because from the inception of fraternal societies, the founders and members have been campus leaders. They’ve been individuals willing to distinguish themselves from the crowd, and to join something whose sum is greater than its parts. Individuals who are eager to celebrate their own uniqueness while giving back to others. To walk a path a bit less traveled. And to have fun doing it! And that, we’re certain, will never go out of style.
Cool Giveaways for Chilly Times
This article may seem inappropriate considering it’s 65°F today. But let’s face it – it’s nearly December. The snow, ice, and cold winds will arrive soon. Now is the time to consider promotional giveaways for your prospects, customers, and employees that will help them through winter conditions.
Here are our top picks:
(1) Lip balms and hand moisturizers. Help soothe dry skin with these economical and practical gifts. Most lip balms include full color in the pricing, allowing you to use enhanced graphics at minimal cost.
(2) Hot tea, hot chocolate, and coffee packets. Consider pairing them with a customized mug or thermos.
(3) Anything chocolate. If you’ve ever wanted to hand out chocolate in customized wrappers, you should do it in cold weather, when the chocolate won’t melt. For something different, try chocolate-dipped fortune cookies with customized fortunes.
(4) Ice scrapers. You can get mini, credit-card-sized scrapers up to jumbo scrapers with a built-in brush. We also like the ice scrapers that have a mitten attached.
(5) Knitted caps and scarves. These items can be embellished with customized embroidery. Caps and scarves are best suited for employees, who are most likely to wear your brand.
We are happy to brainstorm with you to find the perfect items for your budget!
Not All Pens Are Created Equal
It’s no surprise that pens are the most popular promotional product on the market. How do you get your company’s pens to stand out from the crowd?
- Remember: A cheap pen (unless it’s a quality pen on sale) often performs like a cheap pen. It will get pushed to the back of the drawer, or worse, thrown in the trash. You’ll get the most value from a moderately priced pen that writes evenly and lasts a long time.
- Choose pens that feel comfortable in the hand. Ask for a sample before purchasing.
- Try unique designs, bright colors, and fun features. Recently, we handed out feather-haired bobble-head pens, which certainly stand out from other pens on our customers’ desks.
- Select pens with a large imprint space to best promote your logo and message. With some pens, you can put additional text on the clip.
- For extra imprint space, consider retractable ballpoint message pens. Messages rotate with each click.
- Check out ultra-practical pens, such as those that also feature a highlighter and sticky flags.
We look forward to helping you with your next pen purchase!